Thursday, March 13, 2008

Believe it or not...

I am not always successful in the kitchen, last weekend I tried to make this cake that I had made while in pastry chef school (it was mighty good back then when I made it, very rich!). Well, I have an old oven and the door sometimes sticks and well, you guest it... the door slammed shut and killed the caked. I was so sad, but also thinking about how much money went into a cake that now looks like poop. It had 10oz. of good chocolate!


My sister told me I could still eat it... but all I could taste was the 6 eggs and funny thing about my and eggs. I can eat eggs if someone else makes them, but if I make something with eggs and I can taste the eggs well sorry charlie I can't eat it.
Thankfully my sister had a back up plan for family dinner... too bad it didn't turn out as well as hoped. It was just an off weekend for the sister's who bake. It happens, but I promise you this, our baking days are not over! I will master this chocolate cake with or without my oven, if it's the last thing I do!

No comments: