Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Really, the world needs this?!?!?!?!

Okay now I have seen it ALL... I was so not even looking for this book Beautiful Mommy: Plastic Surgery Picture Book but I found it none the less.As someone who believes very much in bibliotheraphy one might think I am all for this... but I am not! I am more for us raising generations of children, particularly girls who can love themselves for who they are (not what they will become with plastic surgery) if we as the adult women in their lives, mother's, aunts, friends, etc. don't model for them that we love ourselves and can find happiness with who we are, how can we expect our children or any other child for that matter to learn to do the same.

Sure there are things about myself that I don't like... sure I would love the magic cure of plastic surgery on some areas of my body. But more importantly I also want a world of children who can believe that they can do anything they set their mind to and that LOOKS DON'T MATTER! That looks shouldn't hold you back. I know this seems like an impossible task living in today's society, but I would like to hope that each of us can make a difference in the lives of the children we come into contact with, simply by modeling that no matter what we like who we are. Sorry to have gotten on my soap box for the day! And trust me I need to work on this just as much as the next person.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/aparentlyspeaking/2008/04/18/beautiful-mommy-plastic-surgery-picture-book/

No comments: