Thursday, May 15, 2008

I think I need to wash something


I think I might be officially lazy... if you know me, you know I hate to do laundry. In my house my laundry room is in the basement, which I don't often go down into - partly because I fear falling down the steps and laying there until I die because I live alone and no one would know I am dying because of the fall... so unless I took my cell phone with me to call someone and say "I've fallen and I can't get up" only to be laughed at and not helped. Sorry for the side stepped story... back to the wash.
I also don't go down much because I am spoiled and have a laundry shoot (you can see it at the top of the picture).
Well, yesterday I had to go down to get a bag to wrap a gift for my friend Laura who is leaving me (see another post) and we were having a going away dinner. I was pretty surprised when I walked down into the basement and saw this pile of laundry...
And if you didn't know... this is why I own so much clothing... I hate doing laundry and therefore need a million and one pieces of clothing so I always have something to wear.
I will let you know that last night after the said dinner I shorted all that laundry and started ONE load... yes just one, more than that would have been too much.
Another reason I hate doing laundry even more now is that in my cute little old house that was built in the 50's is that my electricity is not so great in the house, so I can't run the washer and the dryer at the same time or I blow a fuse. I also have to whack the lights in the kitchen to get them to work, they have shorts. The joys of old houses, but I love my house... it's just too cute for words.

No comments: