Saturday, May 31, 2008

I eat well!


So, I have had a never ending sweet tooth for the past few weeks and it's been driving me crazy because all I want is stuff with TONS of sugar!
The other night I was bound and determined to eat healthy and still have some sweets.
And I made this amazing salad - with baby greens, strawberries, candied nuts, feta cheese and raspberry dressing, it was so yummy and I thought I was eating dessert.

Every since then I have been adding fruit to my salad's to make them have a little sweetness to them, but I still eat better than had I just opened up the ice cream for dinner. Some fruits I have tired: strawberries, blackberries, pears, apples, grapefruit and oranges. If anyone has any other ideas let me know.
I know the candied nuts are not the best option (just plain nuts would be fine and better for me) but I have tons of candied nuts left over from an event, so I can't let them go to waste.

2 comments:

Davianne said...

I've never been much for fruit in my salads, but that looks good. If I weren't to lazy to go out and get all that stuff I'd make some. Love the flowers too. I wish I had made a bouqet with my tulips.

Michelle said...

Yum, yum, YUM!!! I love to eat this same salad all the time! Actually, I love most any salad with strawberries in it.