Friday, September 5, 2008

learn something new....

every day that is!

Yesterday I learned that I am not cut out to be a blue berry picker!

I went to help my friend Kristen pick some blue berries, we were out in the SUN (yes we have some sun for now that is) for like 2 hours and I was DEAD tired, my back was killing me and I was feeling super duper old! I used to think it would be a fun job to pick berries all day, NOT ANY MORE! I got a small taste and I didn't like it!

I am even more grateful for people who spend all day in the hot sun picking fruits and veggies for my enjoyment, it's hard work.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I didn't realize you were that close to Seattle. I would have totally called you and worked something out. I miss you soooooooooooooo much!!! We are going back to see his family around New Years. It won't be for very long and technically they live in a small town outside of Seattle. As things get closer we will have to see if we can make something happen.

Jordan said...

Totally true! We used go out and help pick strawberries on the Joshson farm for the church. It's not very easy- but at least you can eat while you pick (c: